Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: Who will win Virginia?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    At least give the college's correct web addresses, not some podunk search site.

    http://www.nic.edu/

    http://www.matsu.alaska.edu/

    I mean if I was gonna show you Mountain Empire's website I would take you right to it, not some oddball directory of schools site.

    Either way, she spent 3 semesters between them right? Lets say she got $1000 for her beauty pageants, at that time, probably a fairly accurate sum. Its still not covering her time at UofH-Hilo, Hawaii Pacific U., or U of Idaho. Does it help, sure, but its not like being on an athletic or academic scholly for a full ride.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #52
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Looks like community colleges to me. </div></div>

    And???
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  3. #53
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least give the college's correct web addresses, not some podunk search site.

    http://www.nic.edu/

    http://www.matsu.alaska.edu/

    I mean if I was gonna show you Mountain Empire's website I would take you right to it, not some oddball directory of schools site.

    Either way, she spent 3 semesters between them right? Lets say she got $1000 for her beauty pageants, at that time, probably a fairly accurate sum. Its still not covering her time at UofH-Hilo, Hawaii Pacific U., or U of Idaho. Does it help, sure, but its not like being on an athletic or academic scholly for a full ride. </div></div>

    I just typed them in on yahoo and thats what came up. And Matanuska-Susitna College was originally named Palmer Community College but name changed because of location. Anyways you said first the scholarships were around 5k? It wasnt just small pageants, she won Wasilla's and placed 2nd I think it was in Alaska's beauty pageant. Im guessing it is around 5k for a big pageant and maybe she had received some money with Wasilla's. Okay 12 credits at MECC is around 1,000 bucks and in 1982 when she graduated tuition was a lot cheaper than it is today. So if it was around 5k that could go a long way towards college 26 years ago. I agree with you that it doesnt give her a free ridem but couldve helped a lot more than we think. I really dont know the details of how much she got or how much it was, I could be way off.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    I am talking aboutg todays beauty pageant awards. I am sure it wasn't that high in 1982. I have been around this stuff all my life due to my moms business. One benefit was a lot of nice looking ladies visiting though. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #55
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greencrest1272</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Looks like community colleges to me. </div></div>

    And??? </div></div>

    It means its cheaper, that was my point. Not much of a point though because it doesnt mean much of anything. Its not like she stripped her way through college, now thatd be something worth looking into lol. But I was just trying to make a point to Boney and 722 was trying to make one to me. It doesnt really matter, just convo.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am talking aboutg todays beauty pageant awards. I am sure it wasn't that high in 1982. I have been around this stuff all my life due to my moms business. One benefit was a lot of nice looking ladies visiting though. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

    Ahh it doesnt really matter, I dont think either of us know the exact details and its not worth looking up lol. Unless pics are involved [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #57
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    Very true. Im as put off by this election as any I can remember. Both candidates suck major tail IMO. Its about time this country revolts.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #58
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    You are exactly right, I havent seen many elections but this one is special in good and bad ways. There is so much mudslinging from both sides its hard to believe anything you hear and when you look it up, the same thing is on the internet. So from hearing ppl saying it, to now knowing that theres one side of the story and theres the other--and 90% of the time the truth is in the middle. One of the main reasons I am a dem is because of my childhood. When I was 2 Clinton took office and I remember hearing EVERYONE around me talking so highly of Bill (and also Boucher for that matter) when I was little. Then when I was ten Bush jr was elected and I heard and saw the mistakes he made and of course seen the dems as the better party just by that. But I do side with them on a lot of issues as opposed to Rep. Guess its just where you came from for a lot of people.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    Here's the thing. The best things for this country generally fall somewhere in the middle where no one will come together and agree on it. Neither party will ever change antyhing important because that is what they need to use for their propoganda. Bill come off looking good economically because of the .com boom IMO. By 98 we were heading in a downturn toward a recession in a few years which was escalated by 9-11 even though we had started to make another upturn in early 01. These wars have made it worse, then compiled even more by bad policy and deregulation. Both parties have blood on their hands in my opinion and their very few people that are in the right positions who actually are a service to their people.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #60
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    I agree with a lot of that, really I do. I have seriously been thinking of writing Ron Paul in come Nov. And a big part of that is what GC1 quoted John Q Adams ""Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

    I believe he knows exactly what he is doing and is talking about. Though some see his ideas are radical, the traditional way of doing things is not working and a radical approach is needed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •